PACE seeks an experienced Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Based in Kampala, Uganda
Reports to Chief of Party, Uganda Malaria Control Activity
Start Date: Approximately March 2021 *Contingent upon funding
PACE seeks an experienced Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to support the management, coordination and reporting of all activities under an anticipated $38m 5-year USAID-funded project. The project will strengthen the capacity for malaria prevention, diagnosis, and treatment, as well as ownership of health at the community and household levels, while maintaining gains made at the health facility level in focus districts.
Sound like you? Read on…Your contribution
The DCOP will assist the Chief of Party with all aspects of the project operations including the technical oversight, human resources, recruiting and training staff. The DCOP will directly report to the COP in activity implementation and management. The DCOP will take over leadership and oversight of the activity in the absence of the COP. This position is responsible for coordinating the various technical experts and aligns them to all the program activities.
What are we looking for?
• Masters’ degree or higher in Public Health, Business or Public Administration, international development, or related field.
• At least 7 years of experience in implementing public health programs, including malaria control ones, in sub-Saharan Africa or other resource-limited settings.
• Strong programmatic and financial management background.
• At least 6 years of experience developing governance and management of malaria control programs.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and develop and maintain effective relationships with Government officials.
• Proven management (organizational, analytical, supervisory) skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision and team building of professional staff.
• Three Referees, two of whom have been your direct supervisors.
What would get us excited?
• USAID experience: You have good experience in health project management with USAID, ideally in Uganda.
• Capacity builder: You have experience in building institutional, local technical, management and leadership capacity.
• Results oriented: You know how to design and successfully implement, monitor, and disseminate results, adapting as needed to achieve the greatest impact.
• Collaborative manager: You are able to inspire a shared vision for your colleagues. You have successfully helped your staff learn, grow, and thrive in their work.
• A connector: You have experience working with Ministries of Health, public and private actors and global health donors.
• A strategist and an innovator: You are creative, innovative and a strategic thinker. You have a strong interest in private-sector approaches to development and a proven ability to produce results.
Requested Application Material
Interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, and an updated CV ONLY to email@example.com, indicating the Job title in the subject of the email. Your CV should be two-paged, clearly stating how you meet what we are looking for and what gets us interested.
Applications should reach us not later than 5.00pm or 17h:00 (East African time) on Monday August 24th, 2020. Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
**Please note PACE does not solicit for funds during any recruitment process.